Reading time: 4 minutes
Wouldn’t you like to have a formula for stepping into your personal power and making the most of your life?
But first we have to get clear on what this personal power thing is.
So what is personal power and how do I get it? this is a good place to start.
It doesn’t come from what you have, though it helps you get what you want. It doesn’t come from status or education. No matter who you are or what your life experience, personal power is already yours it lies at the heart of who you are.
Personal power is your inner strength, a faith in yourself, a willingness to be a co-creator of your life.
You are remarkable and can do remarkable things. You can do amazing and awesomely unbelievable things, despite seemingly impossible odds.
Why is this so? Because you have a remarkable inner personal power; an awesome force that can dramatically change your life.
Truth be told you are a powerful creative force and should never underestimate the capacity of your inner self to bring about changes in your outer life.
As Jim Rohn says: “Humans are different than any other creation. When a dog starts with weeds, he winds up with weeds. And the reason is because he’s a dog. But that’s not true with human beings. Humans can turn weeds into gardens.”
You don’t have to search for your personal power. But you have to own it. The trick is to step into and connect to it.
For instance, wouldn’t it be nice if you could mold situations the way you want them? Experience more confidence. Influence and change things without causing harm to others? Realize your full potential and achieve greater financial security and more?
Here’s some sure signs you’re giving away your personal power:
- You walk on eggshells around significant others, family members or co-workers.
- Making decisions is hard because you don’t trust yourself.
- Complaining about what’s wrong is easier for you than to make changes.
- Because you care too much of what others think, you don’t always do what’s best for you.
- The fear of rejection prevents you from stepping out of your comfort zone.
- You give in to the influence of others far too easily,
- It’s easier to blame others than accept responsibility for your actions.
- You feel unworthy, or lacking in confidence far too often.
- Discouragement and criticisms create greater self-doubt than necessary.
- Avoiding conflict is a number one priority for you.
- You allow others to define what’s possible in your life.
You know you’re operating from personal power when:
- Whilst you give to others, you take care of yourself in the process.
- You’re comfortable standing up for your own truth, without making others wrong.
- Building a fulfilling life of meaning and purpose is important to you.
- Toxic people are managed easily and effectively.
- When something isn’t working out for you, you don’t complain, you change it.
- You are confident in social situations and in your ability to negotiate and mediate in difficult circumstances.
- You don’t make decisions based on fear.
- Trusting your instincts is second nature and you have the courage to listen to your heart.
- You understand you might not be able to change your destiny overnight, but you can definitely change your direction.
So here’s some keys to help you step into your personal power and own your life.
Understand your value
Understanding the value you bring to your life at home, the workplace or socially allows you to reach out and lift others up. It’s a great irony of life that we cannot give what we do not have and those who support others, benefit more than those who are supported.
Nurture a growth mindset
All of the universe’s great rewards of life are available to you when you continue to grow. We cannot see other than the contents of our consciousness and we only expand our consciousness as we grow.
As you grow personally you grow materially. And this leads to greater personal power.
Watch your attitudes
It’s your attitude that determines your life experiences in both quality and results. Pay attention when that voice of negativity develops negative influences, thoughts and results and turn to the voice of positivity and success that struggles to be heard.
Each day presents you with opportunities. And you can choose that today is exactly like yesterday and the day before, or choose to develop an attitude of mind which is determined to seize the day and turn it into a new beginning.
Imagine being the one who has found their inner strength. The one who has the life they’ve always wanted. The one with the health they want to experience. The one who lives live to the full.
This is the attitude of mind that will reset your brain’s neural pathways. And this resetting is the moving of hills today that allows you to move mountains tomorrow.
Be authentically YOU
Always, always be yourself. And never lose yourself in the desire to be what others think you should be.
One of the greatest challenges in life is to be your own person. I’ve been called ‘weird’ more times than I’ve had hot dinners. And yes, it used to bother me. But with a bit of time, well okay a lot of time and a bit of maturity, I’ve accepted that where others see being different as a curse, I see it as a blessing.
Have faith in you. Be brave and keep moving forward. You don’t have to have everything worked out ahead of time.
Embrace the uniqueness of you. People value authenticity and it will stand you in good stead in all areas of your life. And should others not support you in walking your path towards your destiny, find a new tribe.
Twenty years from now the only one who will care how you’ve lived your life will be you. So keep growing and adapting. It’s never too late to become all you can be.
Magic happens when you connect fully to your inner personal power, embrace it. This is the core of maximizing and owning your life. When you put the same amount of effort into working on you as you do on the rest of your life, life will reward you. Your personal power has an impact on all things YOU.
- Your relationships
- Your dreams and aspirations
- Your work
- Your happiness
- Your health
- Your spirituality
- Your friendships
- Your physicality
- Your success
- Your confidence
- And much more….
Links You Might Find Useful
Encourage one another.