[success]If constructive thoughts are planted positive outcomes will be the result. Plant the seeds of failure and failure will follow. ~ Sidney Madweed.[/success]
What are your goals, your dreams your desires?
We all have things we want to accomplish, so how do you get them done?
Last week I set myself some simple goals on the basis that maybe, if I had my attention on them, I’d get them done. The challenge is my view of goals. I think of them as tedious, boring, list making pains in the proverbial. I need to cosy up to my left brain a little methinks.
1. Clean out car. Didn’t happen, but I only thought of it once, so it didn’t really get a fair shake.
2. Invest twenty minutes a day learning more about my camera. Didn’t get done. Not even ten minutes. Maybe five minutes out of the whole week. But I did think about it a few times. Ah inertia…one of my best friends.
3. Start planning landscaping for the garden, now that Florida is coming out of any likely cold snap that could stymie all my efforts overnight. Aha, some success. I dragged my Darling One off to a garden centre…are they called that here? And came to the conclusion that the current stuff needs to be moved first. Well, it’s a start. Plus I thought about it a fair amount and had lots of fun imagining what it looks like.
4. Write. This is really cheating, because I write something every day. I like to invest ten minutes focused on how easy it was to get it done before I begin. So goal accomplished. Yippee…I did one.
5. Organize my office, clean up the filing, (hate it) clean up and organize stuff on my computer (I need someone to do it for me…any volunteers?) No, no and no. I deleted some old e-mails, can I count that…as something…a tiny bit of accomplishment. Challenge with this one is I don’t even like to think about it. Maybe if I imagined someone doing it for me??? Now that feels a darn sight better.
Telling the truth
It’s all about consciousness, and it’s a strange beast. Is it true that goals are tedious and boring and take a lot of work? Well it’s true for me because that’s what I believe. Maybe you’re a big believer in goals and the success you experience as a result of them, in which case they’ll work really well in your life.
What is true? Life follows thinking.
Getting stuck in the cycle of perception
The world we experience is being interpreting through our thoughts and beliefs, our consciousness. What is true for us is what we think is true, but it also becomes a self perpetuating cycle. We think something is true, we interpret it as being good or less good, and then we begin to think from this interpretation, and have another similar experience, which shows us how true our interpretation is and so the cycle continues.
What really works?
Perhaps it’s all semantics, perhaps a matter of perspective. What’s yours? Stick to whatever works for you, goals, desires, dreams…doesn’t matter what you call them, life will follow your thinking and we all get to think whatever we choose. I’m sticking with imagining my desires being fulfilled, it works best for me. Might I recommend adding a sprinkling of imagining to whatever system works for you…it can’t hurt.