Reading time: 3 minutes
[success]Promise me that you’ll give faith a fighting chance and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance ~ Tia Sillers and Mark Sanders[/success]
It takes courage to look at your life and decide this isn’t the way you want to live. It takes courage to say no, to release the familiar and embrace the new. Yet, if you want a better future, one that’s different from the life you currently have, don’t be afraid to let go and take a risk. It’s the only way to see a life you didn’t know was possible.
Most people aren’t living the life they want because they haven’t committed enough to a vision, or worse, they haven’t yet chosen a vision for their future, one that’s valuable enough to let nothing stand in their way. Don’t sacrifice the promise of wonderful new experiences for the security of the known. Give yourself a fighting chance at that new and better future by being clear on your vision.
It’s time to get clear and…
- Stop expecting people to be mind readers. It’s true that your actions communicate a lot about who you are, but not everyone is capable of reading the signs. You create a lot of unhappiness and misunderstanding by leaving things unsaid, or expecting someone to know what you’re thinking. Speak up.
- Be consistent. And remember you don’t have to spend your life trying to get the most challenging, or the hardest things done. Follow the 80/20 rule. The simple things done consistently over a long period of time lead to permanent and constant success. There’s nothing wrong with making it easy on yourself.
- Stop putting things off because you think you have all the time in the world. Our time on this planet is limited. Appreciate today and enjoy it to the fullest. Don’t talk yourself out of living your dreams now because you think you have for ever. Don’t do this to yourself. Take that chance. Accept that opportunity. Live well, enjoy that moment, live on purpose. And do it now.
- Stop complaining – it isn’t a good strategy for living a happy, fulfilled life. Have you noticed that those who complain the most often achieve the least? They waste their time and energy on the wrong things, while the right things are pushed to one side.
- Don’t follow the crowd . They often have no clue where they’re going. Be the genuine article. Be yourself. No one can do it quite like you do. You are unique and priceless in this world and without being brave enough to stand up for who you are, you deny the world your gifts. By embracing your true self you radiate beauty and confidence. Let no one persuade you that you are anything less.
- Let go of what doesn’t work. Recognize you have choices in all you do. Some things aren’t fixable. You’ve grown, and sometimes people you’ve known for a long time no longer share your perspective. Sometimes the life you’ve happily led no longer fits. You’ve come to a fork in the road. Be willing to see this and whilst cherishing all your old experiences, be prepared to step onto your new path.
- Try to see the funny side of life. It’s true that laughter is the best medicine. Being amused when something doesn’t turn out as you expected is much better for you than being upset and shrinks the experience to a manageable size. The happier you can be in life, the happier life will be.
- Be willing to fail. Failure doesn’t feel good. Sometimes it hurts a lot emotionally and financially. You can’t let that stop you dreaming big dreams. Failure is the ingredient that adds flavour to success. Try to think of your failures as scientific experiments, simply revealing what didn’t work, not as personal reflections of you.
- Don’t wait for others to make you happy. Choose to be happy now. Put a smile on your face, it’s amazing how quickly your spirit will respond. Your body affects your thinking just as your thinking affects your body.
- Learn to manage the current facts whilst creating new ones in your imagination. While you sit on the sidelines allowing life to simply happen, you’re not living, just merely existing. Take charge, lead the way. You are the power in your world, step up and claim your rightful place. Claim the future you deserve.
- Stop the excuses once and for all. The BS stories you tell yourself are stealing your bigger, better future. Pay attention to the great athletes of the day. They don’t procrastinate or use excuses for not training. They know that training is necessary for peak performance and a great future.
- Living a full and successful life needs equal dedication. Let your vision be the driver of your life. Train your mind to focus on it regularly, and immerse yourself fully in your dream. Don’t wait for a miracle to occur, be the miracle maker.
- Staying angry with someone doesn’t affect the other person at all. You’re allowing another to control your emotions which control the quality of your life. Why let other people kill your joy?
- Follow your heart. Trust your feelings and let them guide you. That’s as sure a path to a better future, and a great destiny as any other.
Your turn. What are you willing to do to have a new and better future? Could you be more focused? Is there something you need to stop doing? I’d love to hear your point of view in the comments below.
And thank you for reading and commenting. Please share if you feel this would benefit someone else.
Encourage one another.