Who wouldn’t like to hear some encouraging words when they’re struggling?
We all know what it’s like to struggle. It’s part of the progression of life.
Even though there are times when it looks as though everyone else is having that incredibly blissful life we would like to have, and there we are still grappling with what life is throwing our way.
Just check out your social media account and see how many happy people got married this week, and how everyone seems to be having the best birthday…ever. Then there’s that kid who just struck it rich with an absolutely fabulous app.
And here we are. Still. Struggling.
When you feel sick and tired of struggles remember they’re not designed to paralyze you.
Life is always giving us turning points…opportunities to change how we see things, change how we go about living, especially when the way we’ve been going about it isn’t getting us any closer to that blissed out life.
Whatever you’re struggling with, it helps to hear encouraging, inspiring words to remind you that life is less about how often we get knocked down, but how well we bounce!
Hopefully, these encouraging quotes for when you’re struggling in life will give you a little boost.
Encouraging quotes for life
Even though life can be mean and sometimes land a fearsome blow in the gut, searching for something to feel good about can alleviate the pain of those blows.
You know what Prozac does right? It boosts the neurotransmitter serotonin.
Guess what? encouraging quotes can do the same. And even if you can’t always find something to feel good about the very act of looking is enough to boost those happier feelings. Read: The Upward Spiral.
Our world reflects what we believe about life and about ourselves. Your greatest weapon against the storms of life is your ability to imagine and reimagine and continue to imagine the life you desire.
- The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself–the invisible battles inside all of us–that’s where it’s at. – Jesse Owens
- Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known.-Garrison Keiller
- When it comes to life the critical thing is, whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude. –G.K Chesterton
- The life you are living is simply a reflection of your thinking. – Doug Firebaugh
Encouraging quotes for success
You are designed for greatness. To live your purpose. To shine your light.
Don’t pay so much attention to the trickster that is your mind.
It tells you all sorts of things about you, and whether they are true or false your subconscious is listening. And the last thing you want is your subconscious mind to accept things about you that you wouldn’t want to have or to be in life.
Because that subconscious mind of yours is the center of your creative power, I highly recommend creating something wonderful!
Have an aim that you can focus on that will totally express the best you possible. And then create an affirmation around that aim. This is you. This is you listening to you.
Once you begin to give your inner being time and space to express itself you will begin to hear new ideas, new concepts and receive new inspirations.
Oh yes and then remember to follow through on these new thoughts, they may just bring you that miracle you’ve been hoping for.
Appreciate what you have. When we forget to do this we dissipate the energy of our success. Appreciation is a positive vibration, a trigger that makes life happier, healthier and more beautiful. It encourages the very things that we don’t yet have, to come and visit.
If you practice looking for something good in every day, you will be rewarded with a life filled with all the stuff your heart could ever desire!
- If you do not express your own original ideas, if you do not listen to your own being, you will have betrayed yourself. – Rollo May
- The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them. – Bernard Baruch
- Why should you continue going after your dreams? Because seeing the look on the faces of the people who said you couldn’t… will be priceless. – Kevin Ngo
- It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it. –Vince Lombardi
- Real magic lies within you. The magic to be able to transform failures into successes.
- Changing your life begins with changing your thoughts. Those who never change their mind, never manage to change anything, let alone turn troubles into triumphs.
The key is attention. Taking your attention away from your troubles for 5 minutes a day and focusing on something… anything that feels good has a way of changing your mood and a change of mood is a change of experience.
Encouraging quotes for experiencing your dreams and desires
Don’t let anyone stop you from dreaming your dreams. Your dreams are your future reality in waiting. Once you begin to see that every dream in your heart is a gift from God, you’ll never let anyone trample on them again.
What will you do with this day? There is nothing to be done about yesterday, it’s gone. But today and tomorrow are awaiting your instructions.
So live your purpose. Express your truth. Share your love. Enjoy your dreams.
If you wait for life to happen to you, or until you think the timing is right, or whatever reason (excuse) you use, don’t be surprised if you get nowhere fast.
- You don’t have a willpower problem, you have a habit of waiting problem. So today dream your success. Live your success and go ahead and act as if.
- If you wait to do everything until you are sure it’s right, you’ll probably never do much of anything. – Win Borden
- The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want. – Ben Stein
- Believing you have to be a master of everything will always hold you back. – Elle Sommer
Once you decide what you want but you’re not sure how to achieve it, know that the same strength that powers the universe reside in you; you just have to open your heart and mind and connect to it.
It’s in your hands. Now’s the time to dream your dreams. Sing your songs. Live your life. Enjoy your blessings. Travel your own path.
It took me a while before I understood I wasn’t master of everything just master of myself. How would your life be different if you could master or even simply manage one area of yourself?
What it boils down to is that once we have felt we had no control for such a long time, we stop trying, because we just didn’t think it was possible anymore. Please don’t let this be you.
Encouraging quotes for work/productivity
I’m not the best organizer in my work world. And I always thought it would be nice to have an assistant or two to manage my day.
But I didn’t have some brilliantly organized person to help me out. This meant that generally, the day ran me. Yikes, hate to admit that!
This was true until I realized I could employ the same principles in my outer physical world of reality as I did in my inner spiritual creative world.
- I began to set myself up for the next day by firstly imagining my day ran smoothly with great outcomes. This led me to a new state of being.
- I took the last ten minutes in my office to organize it and make a list of what I felt were the most important things for me to accomplish tomorrow.
- Then first thing the following morning I choose just one thing, okay sometimes two, to focus my attention on and worked on those whilst I was at my best and most productive. Considering anything after that was a bonus. It felt good.
- Either you run the day, or the day runs you. – Jim Rohn
- We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained. – Marie Curie
- Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. – Joshua J. Marine
Encouraging quotes for overcoming life’s challenges
It really isn’t the traffic you encounter, or the people who upset you, or the mistakes you made that are the problem. The problem is your beliefs about them.
It’s those beliefs we hold that cause the best part of our unhappiness, or anger or fear. Each belief we hold helps create the facts of our life.
Our lives change when our beliefs change. So how about we change just one belief and allow that to change just one portion of our life?
I’ve had my fair share of challenges. Big challenges: loss and abuse and sickness. But I learned that one of the benefits that often came with a challenge was discovering an ability to pick myself up when I got smacked down by life.
It turned out that beyond every storm that swept into my world there really was a silver lining. I just wish that sometimes the silver lining would have shown up a lot quicker than it sometimes did!
Don’t let life’s challenges stop you in your tracks. Use them to uncover the greatness and strength that lies within you.
- Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact. – William James
- Obstacles can’t stop you. Problems can’t stop you. Most of all other people can’t stop you. Only you can stop you. – Jeffrey Gitomer
- Dwelling on difficulties, obstacles or barriers is asking for trouble.
Encouraging quotes for happiness
Everything we dwell on, or focus our attention on is being handed to our subconscious mind. And that wonderful, creative element within takes everything we feel to be true, as the truth we desire to experience and sets about to produce it in our outer reality. Ouch. Not always a good thing.
Only we can stop this. Only we can stop ourselves from experiencing the desires of our heart.
We have been given all the gifts we need to flourish in this world. Maybe you’ve been given the gift of compassion, or being a great friend. Or perhaps your gift is a calling to be fulfilled.
- The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away. – Pablo Picasso
- The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself. – Anna Quindlen
- It’s faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
Sometimes consciously, sometimes unconsciously we are writing the story of our life with our thoughts, feelings and beliefs. And far too often we spend every day creating the same story that worried us yesterday.
And far too many stories have at their core the idea of being perfect. It isn’t possible. And it’s a boring story anyway. It’s your imperfections that make you the beautiful unique being that you are.
Today is a new day, with new opportunities to write about the perfectly imperfect you who becomes the hero of your tale with an empowering drama of change and mindfulness and joy for life. Why not start right now?
We inspire life to value and respect us as we value and respect ourselves. If you are not faithful to your dreams and desires, don’t be surprised when life follows suit.
This magical universe where we live, move and have our being is waiting for you to get out of the way. And no matter how long it’s taken you to catch up, begin now to set a new standard for the universe to follow.
Start to love yourself, value yourself, be enthusiastic about your dreams and goals and watch them be transformed from something you hoped for to something within your grasp.
- The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. – Winston Churchill
Do you see your world as filled with opportunities just waiting for you to show up and catch them? Or do you believe that the odds are against you and no matter what you do, you’re likely to experience failure?
Whichever one you believe yourself to be, your beliefs are the lens through which you see the world. And each event that occurs in your world will be interpreted through this lens. And they also become an inner vibration attracting more of what you believe into your life.
This is the beauty and majesty of our life experiences. They reveal us to ourselves. They show us our beliefs in every event and drama of the day, allowing us to change our mind at any time and thus our life.
Your turn. What quotes do you have that encourage you when you’re struggling with life? We’d love to see them in the comments below.
Meantime…encourage one another.