Reading time: 2 minute
I just want to say thank you. Thank you if you’re still here, while I’ve been missing in action for the past few days.
If you’ve been imagining I’ve disappeared to a tropical island retreat, well nice thought. Maybe you thought I’d just done a bunk and abandoned the whole idea of blogging. Nah, I don’t give up that easily. I’ve been doing something much more mundane and ordinary. I’ve been taking some immune boosting therapies. Apparently my immune system has been in need of a little help so it’s being taken care of.
I did say it was mundane. But I’ve discovered, not quite so ordinary. We’ll get back to that in another post.
In the meantime, here’s a few reminders on living the best life yet.
1. Put all your energy into making your mind a centre of positive, constructive thoughts. Deliberately choose your words, your mental reactions, your moods.
2. Be really clear on a desire. We can’t just want to be happy, healthy, wealthy. What exactly does that look like for you, what does it feel like? Get specific. Don’t desire a million dollars, desire what you want to do with it. Don’t desire happiness, desire the experiences you have from occupying the state of happiness.
3. Assume you have the most perfect ideas relative to that desire that produce the most good for many. Years ago an impoverished Dr. Millikan created an affirmation for himself “I have a lavish, steady, dependable income consistent with integrity and mutual benefit.” And yes, he got it.
4. Live in the end. Experience mentally the desire in all it’s finished glory. Bask in the enjoyment of it – you did it. Hip hip horray.
5. Have faith that the power that gave you the desire also gave you its fulfillment. As Rumi said “that which we seek is also seeking us.”
6.Frequently imagine enjoying your desire, especially in the morning when you wake up and at night before sleep.
7.Keep your mind tuned to the idea that the Divine power within you is doing it all, so you don’t have to pay attention to how it will happen, or the means needed to fulfill your desire. In fact remember that you have the easy part, just enjoying your desire mentally.
In other words keep on keeping on.
When I sit down most days to write about life and how it works for me and for you, I think of you. Whether you comment occasionally or e-mail me or just stop by to read the latest bulletin, you’ve been a part of it from the beginning and I appreciate and pay attention to what you say. Then I come back and blog again.
I just wanted to say thanks for being here. Now I’m off to my island retreat…well in my mind.
Encourage one another.