Reading time: 3 minutes
[success]Happiness depends upon ourselves ~ Aristotle.[/success]
Life is not always easy. Personal growth is not easy. But you can make many tiny changes each day that will help you feel more powerful, think more positively and overcome life’s setbacks with greater ease.
Here are 30 thoughts I use to live a different, brighter, more together life. Practice two or three of these every day and life will be different and brighter…guaranteed.
- Instead of measuring yourself by your weight, measure yourself by your acts of kindness.
- You will never experience more than you think you deserve. Give up obsessing about your deservability and invest your time improving your self image. Only by strengthening the roots do we get sweeter fruit.
- Be willing to let go of the life you currently lead so you can experience the one that is waiting for you.
- You might learn many life principles, but it’s up to you to apply them. Having a road map is worthless unless you get in and drive the car.
- The world believes exactly what you tell it by the actions you take and the choices you make.
- Choose to persevere even in the face of seemingly insurmountable obstacles. As Winston Churchill said, if you’re going through hell, keep on going.
- Tell the world you’re worth celebrating that you’re a unique and powerful creation and then expect the world to mirror that right back to you.
- Sometimes you just have to accept that some things will never be the way they used to be. Be willing to do your best with where you are and always choose to have a happy outcome. Things might turn out much better than you expected.
- Remember it’s what you say to yourself about the situation that determines how you’ll feel about it.
- You’ll never cross the river by standing looking longly at the other side.
- Don’t worry that someone is more successful, more beautiful, better educated than you. You are needed in this world to inspire and uplift and empower others through the brilliant and unparalleled loveliness that you are.
- One step in the right direction is worth 10 years of thinking about it.
- The life you seek will never be found in luck, or in another, or in how wise or spiritual you are. Within you is the opportunity to live an extraordinary life and you don’t have the right to keep it to yourself. Put yourself in the flow and allow your gifts to shine through.
- Never let yesterday’s regrets or tomorrow’s fears discourage you. History’s most notable successes usually overcame heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed.
- Acknowledge all the great things about you. You’re the one you’ll be living with all of your life, don’t spend the rest of your life in misery because you’re living with your biggest critic.
- Don’t hang all your joys or sorrows on the belief that outside events will make or mar your life. You’re always at choice as to how you want to feel.
- In every relationship, it’s the little things that matter. The tiniest things that you do can take up the biggest space in someone’s heart and when you look back you’ll discover that all those little things went to make up something huge and wonderful.
- Enlighten yourself so you can light up the world.
- Let go of any notions you have about how life is supposed to be. Keep going and choose to believe you’re adding value to the world along the way.
- Take charge of your destiny, become active in writing your life story. You might start with nothing but an idea, but ideas are astonishingly powerful. Remind yourself that every achievement began with an idea.
- You’ll never win if you never start. Nothing is possible if you don’t begin, everything is possible when you do. Start by doing what has to be done, then do what’s possible and before too long the impossible will open it’s doors to you.
- Words are the basis of all relationships. How I speak to you and about you determines the quality of our relationship.
- Don’t bother chasing success, love, health, happiness it will be attracted by the person you become.
- Focus on becoming the best you possible. Look at each situation for the lesson or opportunity within and your mind will remain positive and you’ll function at your best.
- Don’t wait for the right time, the right time is always now. Don’t wait to get all your ducks in a row; say yes to life, it’s too short not to live it to the full.
- Don’t let misfortune or defeat stop you from seeing the opportunities ahead. Remember opportunities often show up disguised as failure.
- Decide to feel fabulous about yourself and you’ll become the happiest person you know.
- Open your heart until it’s large enough to include you and you’ll grow stronger and more confident in the continued presence of love and acceptance.
- Define your life in your own terms and live every day consistent with what success means to you. Be willing to experiment with new, more creative ideas. Be more imaginative.
- The super successful approach to every experience in life is to look for what’s wonderful in every interaction.
I’d love to hear in the comments below one quote or personal thought that brightens up your life.
Thanks for stopping by and reading and for taking the time to share these quotes to perhaps uplift and inspire a brighter life for another.
Encourage one another.