Reading time: 5 minutes
If you’re tired of tearing yourself down and heaping criticisms on yourself here’s 27 no sweat tips to create the life you want to live, even when you’re in the midst of struggle or fear or regrets.
1. Stop looking for the answers to problems outside of yourself…that’s not where you find them. Working harder, changing jobs, switching relationships, are all temporary fixes that never last.
2. Success lies in the mental attitude that meets every condition without anxiety. It might take a while, but one day you’ll come to understand that the greatest source of success lies between your ears. If you don’t see yourself as a winner it’s hard to be one.
3. Believe that you can. Believe that you can accomplish your heart’s desire and you can live a great and joy filled life. You can never get to a place you don’t believe exists.
4. Mentally create the kind of self that you’d be happy to live with for the rest of your life by picturing yourself being the best you possible, the best you in relationships, the best you in your career, the best you in your financial and spiritual affairs. And then become it.
5. Continually think in terms of solutions and you’ll gain greater self confidence. With higher levels of confidence you’ll no longer be disheartened by obstacles or difficulties. You’ll be turning your lemons into lemonade.
6. Don’t allow the negative energy of others spill over into your life. Don’t allow their thoughts to become yours. Misery loves company, but so does happiness. Develop the habit of reaching for happiness and spread it everywhere you go.
7. If you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to get started on your day, you don’t have enough goals. Or if you do, they’re not big enough to light your fire. Dream bigger.
8. Some people short change themselves and never reach their full share of accomplishments or realize their huge potential. Life responds not to need but to seed. Plant seeds that please your soul, fulfill your needs and nurture your success. But most of all plant them for the joy of watching them grow and flourish.
9. Start your day with love. When you look back on your life you’ll discover that your best moments, the ones of greatest joy were the moments you did things in the spirit of love.
10. Like and trust yourself. Be accepting of you who are and don’t feel the need to hide behind a mask. Faking will wear you out. Pretending every day to be what you’re not is exhausting. You are great the way you are, don’t ever let insecurity run your life.
11. Be your own best friend not your worst enemy. Don’t allow the past to undermine your present. Instead of drawing from the mistakes and mishaps of the past, draw from the triumphs and courage you’ve shown.
12. There’s only one piece of the universe you can be sure of improving and that’s yourself. It’s essential to know why you think and do certain things so that tomorrow you can do and think something better.
13. Don’t let worries bounce around in your head. You’re giving them too much space to grow. Find someone to talk to and let your worries out into the light. Sometimes just venting can help you to see things more clearly. If there’s no one to talk to, write it down. You’d be amazed at how getting it out of your head and down on paper can bring more clarity.
14. Be proud of who you are. Be proud that you sometimes do things that scare the heck out of you. Be proud of the amazing being that has been knocked over by life and got up and carried on. Be proud that you’re unique in the whole world. Breathe deeply of life, give deeply to life and take happily from it.
15. Be prepared for disappointments. Given that we’re not perfectly in tune with all the best that life has to offer, it’s helpful to find techniques to fall back on when the clouds of disappointment cover your sun. Learn to release disappointment before it turns into bitterness.
16. Trying to change your life by changing your circumstances will never work. You’re trying to change the effect and not the cause, which is within. Most of us are unaware that our inner conversations are the cause of our circumstances. Don’t be a victim of your self-talk or your beliefs. If they’re not working for you, change them, they’re not set in stone.
17. Do something for someone else every day, however small. The evidence is in that those who give to others in any way shape or form help themselves. Researchers say those who help others live longer more satisfying lives. It promotes well being, and people are attracted to you…from my own personal experience it can transform grief into joy. Try it.
18. Positive thinking won’t work, unless and until you change the thoughts you have about yourself. Saying I will do better, I will have more money, more success doesn’t work. If you want things to be different, you have to be different. Results only change when you change.
19. Stop identifying with your failures. Don’t classify yourself as a failure just because something didn’t work out the way you planned You carry this image of yourself into your present activities and into your plans for the future. Failure is temporary, it’s not a dead end, it’s part of the journey to success and it’s never who you are, it’s simply an experience.
20. Make personal development a priority. When you develop yourself to the point where your belief in you is powerful and strong, you’re future will be unlimited. At the end of each day ask yourself what did I do today to develop me? If the answer is not much, you can be sure you’ll get not much in return.
21. Throw away the idea that you can control everything. You can’t. But you don’t have to let circumstances stop you from doing what needs to be done to get what you want. The choice to respond or react is yours. You CAN choose who or what controls how you feel about your experiences!
22. Plan for the future, but not at the expense of the present. Life doesn’t come with any guarantees and the saddest stories of all are of those who put everything off today for the tomorrow that never arrived for them. Enjoy the flowers that bloom around you today.
23. Feed yourself with goals and desires that add zest and vitality to your life. Nourish yourself with giving relationships and activities that are exciting and enjoyable and begin to see yourself as successful and happy. You can choose to think of yourself as happy or not, as successful or not. Either way the pattern of your thinking is producing your results.
24. Listen to that nagging feeling deep within that says there’s much more that you could be and do and have. You’ve been put on this earth with amazing capabilities. KNOW there’s something wonderful within you, something more powerful than any obstacle. When you connect to this inner power you connect to possibilities and opportunities that you never saw before.
25. When you face frustration and disappointment in life…and you will…don’t allow yourself to be overwhelmed or believe it indicates a lack of ability on your part. Yell, cry, scream if you must, but never allow yourself to be so afraid of loss that you stop taking the chances to experience great gain.
26. Stress isn’t primarily caused by your career or financial or relationship affairs. The real cause is in how you think about these things. Negative thinking causes stress. If you’re feeling stress about anything in this moment, choose to relax and reframe your inner conversations and then give your negative thoughts about the situation the boot and move on.
27. There’s a basic, dynamic law of the universe that you simply can’t get around. Create or disintegrate. You can’t stay where you are. You will move in one direction or another. Discover your purpose, the reason you’re here. Build a vision around your purpose, this is how you put your purpose into action. Then decide what you need to do to get you there and finally go and do it.
As always I appreciate you being here. I don’t get far without you sharing my articles with your friends and colleagues and I thank you for that. I’m grateful to have you in my corner.
If you’ve got any more tips to add or feel like sharing your genius thoughts with the rest of us, we’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Encourage one another.