It’s all too easy to get in our own way.
Here are 26 key truths to motivate and inspire you to move beyond past dramas, failures, or old truths and remind you that you have the power and the ability to change, refine and be true to your greatest self.
As you do this for yourself you shine a light for others, reminding them of their own potential, their own value and brilliance and that, like you, they’re greater than the life they settled for.
- Be kinder than necessary. When you add up all the little bits of good you left someone with, you wipe out a lot of the sadness in the world.
- You might not have much to give in the way of wealth but you can always give the gift of imagination. A gift from your heart is to see someone as they would wish to be. There’s nothing more valuable than an active heart.
- What happens in your life isn’t what bothers you, the thoughts you have about it cause the problem. Thoughts tend to follow one another, so intervene with upbeat ideas.
- Don’t let lack of confidence stop you trying something new. Get more information, seek guidance and take a step forward and then another. With each step in the direction of your goal, your confidence will grow.
- You’ll never be the master of the universe, so give up trying to control everything. Take control of the one thing that will make the greatest difference in your life…your mind.
- If you spend most of your day feeling unhappy about all the things you haven’t yet accomplished you’re focusing on lack. Expect to get more of the same.
- Remember that balance in life, whilst essential to your well being isn’t a static thing. It isn’t about giving everything the same weight. Life is a dynamic force. Balance is about movement, living in the flow of life and being willing to make it fun.
- Learn to be a better listener. Most people forget that they’re a transmitting AND receiving station. Never underestimate the power of listening. It’s a caring touch that might turn a life around.
- Give up the someday syndrome. Don’t save things for another time, use them now. Don’t put off the visit to your friends or family, make it now. Just because. Life is to be relished.
- Don’t look for things outside yourself to fill a void. Getting things is lovely, but the sense of excitement soon fades. That new car or better job felt great at the time but sooner than soon you realize it was a temporary fix. True fulfillment lies within, take the time to seek it.
- If you’re feeling envious, stop. Don’t worry what others are doing or have, it just gets in the way of your own happiness. Your business is to create the best life for YOU.
- Be comfortable in not always knowing where you’re going. Adopt a growth attitude safe in the knowledge that though there may be dark times you’ll always come out on the other side. Likely a greater version of yourself.
- Don’t burden yourself with regret, resentment or being unforgiving. It’s not worth the price you have to pay in loss of joy and inner peace. Don’t allow others to define your life, cut yourself free from the negative ties that bind…they’re holding you back.
- Step away from the things that divide. No matter the country of origin or ethnicity or beliefs, everyone wants the same basic things: to live a happy fulfilled life with a promising future. Try to look beyond the obvious.
- Accept the gifts that life has to offer. You don’t have to earn the right to be happy. When you intend to be happy you’ll discover life offers you happiness in so many ways. Become aware and see.
- How far can you go? Unless you take the risk to step out and see you’re never likely to know. If you don’t feel a little afraid then maybe the step you’re about to take isn’t worthy of you. Feel the fear and do it anyway is a well worn cliche…well worn because it contains a kernal of truth.
- Develop the ability to quiet your mind and shut everything out. If you train yourself to do this in the middle of the hubbub of life it could be the single most effective tool you have to turn chaos into creativity.
- If you habitually tell yourself I’m never on time, I always fail, I never get it right, I never have enough money, friends, or love you’d better understand this negative chatter will be manifested in your life. Replace this inner conversation with the opposite intention. I’m always on time, I’m confident I can do it, people love me, dollars want me…then be prepared for a world of opportunities to open up for you.
- To be successful you must decide what you want. Remember, you’re choosing the direction of your life. If you can’t decide on a lifetime purpose right now, start small, with what you want for the rest of the year.
- There’s little point in taking everything personally. The things that others say and do often has no bearing on you at all. Most likely they were focused on themselves. The way you react to what they do or say however, is all about you. Your reactions can change the course of events.
- If you give the same amount of attention to your dreams as you do to your fears you’ll be way ahead in the game of life.
- 99% of failures are because someone accepted a temporary defeat as a failure. Press on, don’t be deflected by detours, they’re not a sign that the road has come to an end.
- Accept that your life is what you’ve made it so far. If it’s not to your liking rise to the challenge and begin to make a new one. The greatest forces for change are a burning desire to experience something different and the inspiration to carry it out.
- The winds of change can easily blow you off course without the discipline to keep your eye on the prize. Don’t allow outer distractions to hypnotise you, remain inner directed and true to your path.
- It isn’t the one off thing we do that leads to a great future; we get to where we want to go by what we do on a regular basis. Your habits hold the key to success.
- It’s never too late. Make today the day you value yourself, empower yourself, nurture yourself, love yourself, praise yourself, accept yourself…flaws and all. Your mindset is the compass that leads to a rich successful life.
Encourage one another.