Reading time: 3 minutes
The main cause of unhappiness isn’t in the experience, but how you think and feel about it. So how about thinking awesome things…a lot…about everything. What if instead of seeing the flaws in others, all we saw was the greatness, the brilliance.
My Darling One and I decided some time ago that this would be our one new thing to experience this year…looking for and finding the greatness in others.
Yes, that includes the idiot drivers on the road, the difficult people we might meet, the bores, the loud mouths, the…well you get my point.
As you can see this is an important skill, highly relevant to our everyday life.
We just have to get a little better at it so that we don’t have to see these characteristics in ourselves because, truth be told, we know how life laws operate and we wouldn’t see the petty and the small or the great and the noble in others, unless it was in us too. Ouch!
We’re working on looking at everyone through the eyes of love.
Throughout the centuries our writers and poets and artists have found ways to cut through the hubub of life and put ideas that might be difficult to hear and understand, into simple words.
Words that reach us at our deepest level. Words that touch our soul and remind us of our very own greatness.
As you know I’m a big fan of quotes, and today I wanted to share 21 brilliant quotes on the greatness that you are, the greatness you have within you, the greatness that is yours for the taking, in my tiny attempt to let you see yourself through the eyes of love.
Here’s my rainbow of quotes and may you find a ray of sunshine or your very own pot of gold.
1. The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand, as in what direction you are moving. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
2. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~ Napoleon Hill
3. Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion. ~ Jack Kerouac
5. Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have. ~ Oprah Winfrey
6. There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the really great man is the man who makes every man feel great. ~ G. K. Chesterton
7. Everybody can be great… because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
8. You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it fearlessly. ~ Steve Maraboli
9. You were born with potential. You were born with goodness and trust. You were born with ideals and dreams. You were born with greatness. You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling, so don’t. You have wings. Learn to use them and fly. ~ Rumi
11. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. ~ Mark Twain
12. Our key to greatness lies in who we are which we can give to other people in a way that when they walk away from us, they are able to say in their hearts that they have taken away something with them quite extraordinary. ~ C. JoyBell C.
13. You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them. ~ Michael Jordan
15. Do not confuse notoriety and fame with greatness. . . . For you see, greatness is a measure of one’s spirit, not a result of one’s rank in human affairs. ~ Sherman Finesilver
16. The man capable of greatness of soul will open wide the windows of his mind, letting the winds blow freely upon it from every portion of the universe. ~ Bertrand Arthur William Russell
17. As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world – that is the myth of the atomic age – as in being able to remake ourselves. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
18. Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us. ~ Wilma Rudolph
19. Man’s greatness lies in his power of thought. ~ Blaise Pascal
20. If a man has any greatness in him, it comes to light, not in one flamboyant hour, but in the ledger of his daily work. ~ Beryl Markham
21. Your greatness is revealed not by the lights that shine upon you, but by the light that shines within you. ~ Ray Davis
Do any of these quotes speak to you? Do you have any you’d like to share. We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Encourage one another.