Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I not events have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. ~ Groucho Marx
Life is an ongoing work of art. Each day we have new opportunities to create something magnificent and beautiful. Some days that’s harder than others.
And for the times when you’ve managed to get in the way of all the joy and happiness available to you here’s some ways to help you say at the end of each day…it was so wonderful.
1. Invest your time with really great people who like you just the way you are.
2. Don’t change so that people will like you. If you see yourself as being awesome, before too long others will show up to reflect that right back to you.
3. Live honestly. Living in integrity, being kind, being faithful, doing the right thing can be just what you need to propel you into greatness. Your relationships, your career, your success, your dreams, your health are nourished by keeping your promises.
Choose to help wherever you can. Sometimes the best we can do is to imagine greatness and happiness for others. It’s enough.
Remember that what you focus on, be it for you or others, has as much impact on your life as it does in theirs. Helping others to hurt less is living in love and when you come from love great things happen.
4. Learn the difference between blame and responsibility. Life works according to the vibration of energy we operate from.
Experiences reveal to us the thoughts, fears, worries, joys and reactions we’ve been living in. Knowing this liberates you. Leaving you free to make changes to how you think about life.
Looking to place the blame anywhere, even on yourself disempowers you. Take control, take charge of your mind, breathe new life into your dreams and watch them blossom.
5. Never play small. Be gentle with the needs of others, but don’t ever play small in order to make someone feel better about themselves.
You’ll lock both of you in a prison which doesn’t serve either of you.
No-one can belittle you unless you allow it, so don’t. Every belief you accept about yourself or others will create events to confirm it as being so, whether it’s true or not. Believe the very best about YOU.
6. Choose your destiny…don’t leave it to chance.
You have incredible gifts and talents that are uniquely yours.
Have you unwrapped them? Acknowledged them? Used them? The world needs your light to shine right now. Even a tiny spark of belief in yourself, in your abilities, and your creative inner power can begin to work it’s magic. Let it loose.
7. Give yourself a boost. If you’re missing a little creativity today, remember that creativity sometimes needs to leap before it looks.
Step aside and allow your imagination and intuition to be your guide. Add a little boost of enthusiasm, a sprinkling of passion and a pinch of motivation and you’ll be well on your way to unlocking the genius within, without really trying.
8. Celebrate yourself. You’re making a difference to our world in ways you can’t possibly fathom and may never know.
Each generous thought and giving act makes a difference. Celebrate every act of kindness, every joyful thought, every loving gesture. You’re contributing to the beauty and magnificence of our world.
9. Don’t get so caught up in your struggles that you make life harder for yourself.
How you deal with the ups and downs of life stems from how you view yourself. Start to see how BIG you are and your problems will seem that much smaller.
You’ve already dealt with countless challenges and you’re still here and they’re not. Never forget that you’re worthy, live accordingly.
10. Don’t think that being hurt means you’re broken. Sometimes when it seems as though you’re losing, you’re actually winning.
Even in your darkest days, know that the day will come when you look up and see the sun.
When you think something has come to an end you’ll discover a doorway leading to magnificent success. The story of your life is being written with every thought, every event. Expect the best outcome possible and stick with the vision for your life until it comes into being.
Do you have an effective way to make those less than great days better? Let me know in the comments below. Your ideas might be just the thing someone needs to hear today, thank you for being an encourager.
And, as always thanks for reading and joining in the conversation and if you think this might help a friend please share.
Encourage one another.